We are recruiting current juniors (rising seniors) majoring in STEM (and other acceptable majors) with an interest in STEM education. The Barnard Noyce Teacher Scholars Program (BNTSP) seeks to recruit, certify, and mentor sixteen high-achieving Barnard undergraduates interested in teaching at high-need K-12 schools.
Our program equips scholars with the capacity to improve the quality of math and science education offered in their schools. Noyce Scholars and Fellows are some of the most sought after applicants for teaching positions nationwide!
Scholar Benefits Include:Scholar Commitment:
- Up to $15,000 of scholarship funding for your Senior year
- $4,600 Summer Internship funding for research experiences in Science, Mathematics, or STEM education
- If needed, $21,500 Stipend for a 9th semester to complete student teaching
- Funding to attend Noyce Conferences and other professional conferences, such as NSTA, NCTM, AERA, or NARST while at Barnard and during your first years of teaching
- Mentoring by faculty in Education & Science or Mathematics during Student Teaching and during your first years of teaching
- Scholarship recipients must teach for two years in an approved high-need school district for each year of support received.
- 1year of support = 2-year teaching commitment
- 2 years of support = 4-year teaching commitment
Interested applicants are encouraged to email me at email@example.com with any questions; our FAQs are available here.
More information, as well as application materials/requirements, are available at our website:https://sites.google.com/a/
The deadline to apply is March 24th, at .
We look forward to meeting you!